Fri, 08 Sept|
A Breath of Fresh Air- a Breathwork & Nature Deep Dive Weekend Retreat
Renew& recalibrate- explore and experience the healing & transformative power of your breath in a gorgeous part of the Scottish Highlands!
Time & Location
08 Sept 2023, 12:00 – 10 Sept 2023, 15:00
Dinnet, Dinnet, Aboyne AB34 5LL, UK
Let's move from surviving to thriving- join us to discover the art & science of breathwork!
✨Are you ready to feel thriving & fully alive in your body?
✨Do you feel you need to take some time off to reconnect with your body & with yourself?
✨Are you curious about how something as simple as breathing can totally transform your life and how your breath can become an invaluable guide towards optimal health & wellbeing?
Then you're in the right place! Let's start to tap into your full potential, awaken your power and explore the inner landscape through the magic of breathwork
Breath is life 🫁
Our breath is the foundation of our health & wellbeing and it affects every aspect of our physiology and psychology.
Breathwork is for you regardless of what you do and where you are at- whether you want to learn how to better deal with stress, improve your athletic performance, release trauma and stored emotions, go on a deep journey into the self, explore meditative practices, improve your overall health & wellbeing, strengthen your cognitive function, create clarity and focus in your life, boost your immune system, unleash your full human potential, improve your sleep, learn how to regulate your nervous system, and so much more- breath is the foundation of it all. Are you ready to explore the world of breathwork?
Every breath is an invitation to become more embodied, to feel deeply, anchor you in the present moment and come fully alive. every breath has the potential to guide you back home: breathing the fibres of your mind back into the fabric of the body
Our state of mind & body and our breath are linked: every emotional, psychological and physiological state in our body is linked to specific breathing patterns. For example, think about the way we breathe when we are calm and relaxed vs. when we are angry or anxious. This is a two way street- when our state changes this is reflected by changes in our breathing pattern and by consciously changing how we breathe we can change our state and thus what we think and how we feel!
'Why breathwork' you might ask? - we breathe on average 20,000 times a day! Due to chronic stress, unnatural lifestyles, bad posture and stagnancy throughout the day, many of us do not breathe optimally, use only a fraction of our respiratory capacity and have dysfunctional or restrictive breathing patterns. it's time to change that by taking charge of your breath and diving into the world of breathwork
This deep dive will give you:
- a deeper understanding of optimal breathing and your physiology
- an understanding of functional breathing biomechanics and dysfunctional breathing patterns and how to spot prevent them ( which will help to naturally relieve stress)
- a better awareness of and relationship with your breath & body
- an understanding how breath & movement are linked
- exercises to create flexibility & strengthen the respiratory muscles
- lots of practical tools and techniques you can apply in your everyday life
- an understanding of the root of dysfunctional breathing patterns
- insight into breath as the 'remote control' of the nervous system, aka how breath affects psychology and vice versa
- insight into different 'breathing gears' and how to use them
- breathing exercises for better sleep, focus, relaxation, detoxification and energy
You will experience:
- guided breath sessions
- workshop on functional breathing, correct biomechanics and how to recognize dysfunctional breath patterns
- personal breath assessment : learn how to determine your 'BIQ' (breathing IQ) and how to work with it
- guided breath meditation journey
- simple and practical breath tools & techniques to implement in your daily life: how to lower your heart rate, feel energised quickly, relax more deeply, lean into stress & create deep focus
- time in nature & barefoot walks
- learn how to adapt to the elements and how to breathe in the cold
- optional wild river swim
- workout & exercises to strengthen respiratory muscles
- workshop on breath & the nervous system
- evening fire gathering (weather permitting)
- lots of fun & community connection
- reconnect with inner & outer nature
- natural lifestyle hacks for optimal health & wellbeing
Although we will discuss theory and you will gain a scientific understanding of the breath, the focus will be on practice and practical implications for your life. We will also focus on principles over methods: rather than just learning one or two particular methods you will gain an understanding of the underlying principles of different breathing techniques.
This retreat is for you if:
- you want to renew recalibrate and experience a gorgeous part of the Scottish Highlands
- you are curious about breathwork and would like to dive deeper into the power and possibilities within your own breath
- you would like to deepen your understanding of your own body and breath for optimal wellbeing
- you would like more energy, better sleep, to relax more deeply& to feel more in tune with your physiology
- you want to learn how to manage stress better and how to regulate your nervous system
- you would like to stay in a beautiful accommodation and take time off for yourself and your wellbeing
- you want to experience nature
- you like good quality, organic, seasonal, local and wild food
- you're ready to learn, explore and invest in yourself
- you would like to establish a regular practice in your life to take care of your physical, emotional and mental well being
Nestled on the bank of the River Dee in Royal Deeside is Gardener's Cottage. The cottage offers stunning views across the river with the mountains of the Cairngorm National Park in the background. The cottage enjoys a private garden with its own pond on the riverbank.
There is a woodburner and possibility for outdoor fire gatherings. Some bedrooms have a riverside view. There are 4 bedrooms: 3 private occupancy rooms and one shared room with two separate beds. There are large double beds available, if you are a couple and would like to share a bed room and book on, get in touch for a shared bed deal.
All meals are provided: breakfast, lunch & dinners. All meals are based on Scottish seasonal, local and as much organic food as possible. There will be wild venison straight from the hills and the opportunity to taste wild foraged teas such as pine needle tea and Chaga. Please contact me if you are vegetarian or vegan to discuss how I can accommodate you.
Full weekend programme, Accommodation, All meals
Flights/ any transportation needed to get to Dinnet ( there is a local bus from Aberdeen that goes to Dinnet, pick up in Dinnet to the cottage can be arranged)
This retreat is for everyone regardless of your experience or level of skill set. Please contact me beforehand if you have any health issues and we can adjust the programme to your needs.
Please get in touch with any questions or if you need a payment plan. A non-refundable booking deposit of £100 will be needed to secure your place. If you would like to pay by bank transfer (which is preferred) please get in touch with me, this way you won't have to pay the service fee for processing the payment through the website.
General ticket private room£570.00+£14.25 service fee